Friday, August 26, 2005

The Pub Is Open


I was getting pretty bored with the way my blog was looking lately. On a whim, I posted an appeal to the reading public for help. I asked if anyone would be willing to give my site a makeover in trade for a favor. Any favor at all. I even mentioned some of the possibilities.

I was expecting to get hit by every kind of freak imaginable. I would, if I had the know-how, have jumped on the chance to earn a favor. The possibilities of "THE FAVOR" are far underestimated in today's society. In times of integrity, a man's promise of "I owe you one" meant just that. You could expect to be repaid for your kindness, plus extra. You might not get an evening in the loft with a man's wife for that cold beer or help fixing a flat; but you knew he would repay you in time. This is what I was offering to any takers. Build me a new blog and I will humiliate myself for your amusement. No takers.

I was offered a make over in exchange for a link, and a makeover just to be nice. I'm sure she enjoys the challenge, and having a few spokespersons are handy if you choose to make money doing it for money later. In the end I got this great Irish Pub style template AND my wife got a makeover too, and Jerzey Girl got some great word-of-mouth advertising and a couple of loyal new friends.

Jerzey Girl did one hell of a job on both blogs. All I said was that I wanted my site to look like an Irish Pub, and she did the rest. I know she recently started working on her new project, Reality Graphix. So, if you suck at design like I do, she may be willing to get the job done for ya.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she did a fantastic job, it's gorgeous !

Sparkling said...

Now I can go to the pub whenever, whereever I want/need!

And as I am one of your patrons (I'm honoured)... Mine's a pint!

justdawn said...

Your new blog looks great, baby!!

KUDOS to you, Jerzey Girl!! YOU ROCK:)

dorna! said...

Whoa, she really did a great job. Mmmm, I wonder if I should do a revamp too?

Anonymous said...

absolutely great makeover!

Charlotte said...

I love the new layout... but then again I'm a bit prejudiced because Jerzey Girl is my daughter :)

Anonymous said...

Very Very Nice!

Tracy S said...

WOW what a difference .It looks very irish pub like ..I love it !! Good Job jersey Girl ..Your wife's page looks great also :)

Captain Hops said...

Love the new look! Very inviting.

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Much easier to read. I prefer the smaller text... it makes your posts shorter.

Unknown said...

I like this skin :D NICE

Al said...

Mmmm....Guinness...

The site looks good!