Thursday, October 20, 2005

I Am the Bloglord


I am the Bloglord. Not in the Lord of all Blogs sense, but the landlord renting some shit to someone sense. It's over there on the left under Patrons. Down a bit more. THERE.

HAUNTED HOUSE DRESSING the official site of writer Jeremy C. Shipp

Jeremy and I first met back in 71, when I was serving time for rodent pandering out of the back room of a Wal-Mart pet section. He was a volunteer with the prison chaplain, and would bring me books. He is a published author, and quite often the books he brought were his own. What I really remember him for was the tight little prison jumpsuit he wore. It fit him like a latex glove that had been stretched over a too ripe melon. He had cut the legs short, very short, and would always travel with the books stacked on the bottom shelf of the cart, creating the necessity for him to bend over to fetch one. Everyone knew Jeremy. He was the ray of hope in our gray lonely days.

Once I was paroled we never saw each other again, until yesterday when he bid to rent my blog. I've missed him endlessly all these years. Welcome Jeremy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I remember those days. That was back when I received good reviews for my books...which may or maybe not have had to do with the fact that the chaplain would beat anyone with the antenna that he broke off his VW Bug if they ever uttered a negative thing about me. Whatever the reason, I appreciated the positive feedback. Now that I've left that fantasy land we call prison, it's much more difficult to acquire fans of my work. I've tried the antenna method, but I have one of those yellow happy faces stuck on the end...and people just don't take me seriously. Anyway, thanks for letting me room here. Hope your rodent days are over.